Sunday, February 7, 2010

Laptop Hard Drive To Usb Adapter Radio Shack How Can I Upgrade My Laptop Hard Drive Without Re-installing All My Programs And My O/S?

How can I upgrade my laptop hard drive without re-installing all my programs and my O/S? - laptop hard drive to usb adapter radio shack

What do I:
Laptop with a slot for a hard drive
Unit of a new laptop hard drive
Norton Ghost 14.0
A Western Digital My Book 500GB USB External Hard Drive

I want to know:
"Since everything is literally on the swap drive existing" old "with" new ".

That's what I (think in theory!)
"Somehow, with Norton Ghost, I was able to create an image file or back-up (which I know nothing about this part) and from my external hard drive.
Then replace the drive "old disk" on the laptop, the "new".
"Then somehow related to my external USB hard drive to your laptop with a blank hard disk and then copy the backup image with something.

Please tell me if you can! Any general tips and tricks please!

PS - I do not want to spend more money in the IDE to USB adapter!

1 comments:

Mr.PainT... said...

It's very easy to do, I have hundreds of times for customers in recent years with Acronis True Image 11, which allows you to create a boot image of the entire hard drive! http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/dow ...
Create your first picture, then remove the old hard drive, install the new boot image to CD / DVD, and literally within minutes was back at work.

Post a Comment